Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Today

Before school I took Brianna to the book fair so she could pick something out. After looking around at many, many choices she choose "Franklin Goes to the Hospital"! Should I be concerned? I mean come on I've only been admitted three times in the last two months.

Grace had a field trip today to the aquarium. Since she LOVES that place she was really excited. They had to bring a sack lunch (which she does pretty much everyday anyway) and money for the gift shop. Well I knew this would be exciting for Grace, she always wants to pick something out when we go but mean Mom that I am I don't ever let her. So today we sent her with a whole ten dollars to spend on whatever struck her fancy.

I picked her up at the bus stop and while we were walking home she gave me a gift shop bag and said she got something for me! She was so excited and had me open it right then and there. It's a cute dolphin picture holder since she said she knew I liked dolphins! What a sweetie! Then I asked her if she had enough money to get something else and she said yes and that it was in her backpack. I asked what she got and she said a present for Daddy! She got him a green fish picture holder since she knew his favorite color is green. She didn't buy anything for herself at all!

Could she be any sweeter?

I don't think so either.

3 comments:

Amanda~n~Adam said...

maybe because I'm exhausted, or because I miss you guys to much but I got teary eyed when I read this post. She is so sweet. I'm so impressed with her selflessness!

Janice said...

I agree with Amanda, (sniff sniff)

Anonymous said...

what, nothing for grandpa?