Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The light at the end of the tunnel

So I had a CT scan today and met with the general surgeon and everything looks on track to have one last final surgery. I'm going to be going to the states to have it done because they can't do it here but God willing this will be it. The only challenge is finding a doctor, I've spoken with one who sounds promising and I will hopefully know for sure in the next week. I'll keep you all posted. If all goes well the surgery should be in early May in Ventura.

I signed the girls up today for after school care. According to Grace's doctor she needs to start going now to get used to it before I leave so it will already be part of her routine.

I'm still waiting to get Grace's IQ testing done. They have 45 school days to get it done but I really hope it doesn't take them that long. I know they have already done some of the other things that needed to be done so I'm hopeful they won't drag their feet on that. We will see. Grace is still doing great in her regular class and loves her gifted class. The gifted teacher is going to put Grace in the 3rd grade gifted class in addition to the 2nd grade one she is in now when the next session starts in a couple weeks. It is more science related and we all think that Grace will love it, she is very excited.

Brianna is also doing great in school. She loves learning and socializing (shocker, I know) with friends. She is also a bright girl and catches on quick and has a great time. I am so thankful that she loves school. I know that she is only in Kindergarten but it's so important to have a good foundation so I'm happy with her teachers and how it's going for her this year.

Both girls are in girl scouts and soccer. They love both and are having fun. It keeps us pretty busy during the week and we spend a few hours on Saturdays at the soccer field for their games. Josh played soccer all growing up and he loves being able to share that with them.

Josh is doing good also. He's gone right now which is hard for Grace since she is such a Daddy's girl but she loves having "girls night" so we just play up that angle. We haven't done anything special but just saying that it's girls night makes her happy so hey whatever.

So I will try to get back to posting on a regular basis again, I was just in a blog funk but I'll try to shake it off and subject you all to my ramblings. :)

2 comments:

AKBrady said...

Excellent news, on all fronts! Such a great thing, being preemptive w/ regard to routine changes down the road.
Good for you!

Natalie said...

Whew! All caught up and always happy to read your ramblings. :)