Saturday, April 24, 2010

Surgery

Well I've seen the general surgeon at the Naval Hospital here and he referred me to a plastic surgeon so I contacted a couple in California and went and saw the one, seriously the ONE, here in Guam. I've also talked to the two family doctors I've seen over the last year while dealing with all the complications. It looks like I will have to have the entire surgery redone in order to try to have the best chance of fixing the problems and even then it doesn't guarantee that I won't still have the chronic pain. Great, huh? I decided that having the surgery done in California is not going to be a viable option because I won't be able to stay long enough for that kind of recovery since I'd be going without the girls. The plastic surgeon here was nice and I think he would probably do a great job and he has his own OR but if something happened and I ended up needing to be admitted I would be back at the Naval Hospital where I had so many problems last year and when it comes down to it I am just not comfortable with that. So after talking with Josh and at the advice of some of my doctors I am thinking I will just have to deal with it until we move back to the states next summer (2011) and then I can have my choice of doctors and hospitals and get it fixed then.

It's already been a year so hey what's what more in the big picture, right?

4 comments:

Amanda said...

It sounds like a goo choice to me! I wouldn't be to eager to go back the hospital that caused so many other issues in the past either! I am bummed you won't be here for a whole month like I thought!!

Amanda said...

by goo choice I of course meant gooD choice!

Natalie said...

At least the cake is pretty!!!!

AKBrady said...

At least you have a choice, right? ;) I like your perspective, girl....