Monday, April 26, 2010

Today

I'm sick. I know it's a shocker. I have some kind of throat infection that isn't strep but I have white patches on my throat and my tonsils are swollen. (So I used my google medical degree and decided I have viral tonsillitis based on what she told me. My appointment is a little vague since I had a migraine at the time to the point that after I threw up they had me wait in a dark room for the strep test results.) However since I have a fever I'm contagious. Great I know. Anyways Josh picked up the girls after he got off work and took them to get dinner because I didn't cook anything. Thankfully I'm feeling much better now.

So I'm sitting here while Josh is putting the kids to bed just listening to the conversation going on around me. This is what has taken place just in the last 30min.

===========================

Grace was angry because "no one ever calls her Amanda" and stomped off to her room. I have no idea where this came from. She wasn't talking about wanting to be called Amanda, she did go through a Cortni (that is also the correct spelling if you weren't aware) stage last fall but nothing since then. Totally random and out of nowhere!

============================

Josh: Put your pjs on.

Brianna: mumbling something I couldn't understand.

Josh: I don't care. You're dancing in here naked with just your shoes on. Put your pjs on!

=============================

Grace had just gone to bed and comes out of her room to ask us a question and after talking for a minute starts walking backwards down the hall towards her room. Josh was just looking at her (I couldn't see her) but I heard her say "don't worry I'm an expert at walking backwards" this was quickly followed by a loud crash as she fell over the little chair that sits outside Brianna's bedroom door. The timing could not have been funnier.

=============================

So that was about 30min of our life. I really think all these reality TV families have nothing on us! :)

3 comments:

Natalie said...

You said it! Get better soon!!!

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
AKBrady said...

Oh mercy me. What would I do without the daily comments of Brianna and Grace? Hope you are better soon!