Thursday, February 12, 2009

So this time...

I made it all the way to the OR!

I get all the way up there and they are about to put the IV in, seriously the guy had already wiped it with the wipey things (yes that's the technical term) and was about to put the needle in when someone comes in and says "WAIT" because they didn't know if there was going to be a room available for me on the ward when I came out of surgery. I guess they had some people come in through the ER that were going to get admitted and people with MRSA so they can't double up those rooms and since it's already a small hospital the beds go quick.

After waiting another hour and a half my doctor comes in and says that he is really sorry but there was nothing more he could do and that they were going to have to cancel, AGAIN.

He is supposed to call me tomorrow or Tuesday (remember Monday is a holiday) to figure out when they are going to reschedule it for again.

When I asked him about the 24th that I was supposed to be having it he said he can't do it that day anymore because he's going to be in TAP class. For those not familiar with Navy lingo, it's the class you take before you get out of the military. Yikes better get this surgery done quick since he's the only one here that does it!

Hopefully third times the charm!

3 comments:

Amanda~n~Adam said...

At least you didn't have to deal with needles for nothing right? There's always a bright side!

AKBrady said...

Let's not go to a room with MRSA. Wait, always better to wait...

Meredith said...

I know you've got to be frustrated, but everything happens for a reason...right?